Articles and Reports
- A Systematic Review of Psychosocial Interventions to Cancer Caregivers by Fang Fu, Huaijuan Zhao, Feng Tong, and Iris Chi – This systematic review found that paired-intervention targeting self-care and interpersonal connections of caregivers and symptom management of patients is effective in improving quality of life and alleviating depression of cancer caregivers while music therapy is helpful for reducing anxiety of cancer caregivers.
- Advancing the Global Impact of Integrative Oncology by Jun J. Mao – This article introduces the November 2017 issue of the NCI Monographs, which was devoted to the global impact of integrative oncology.
- Cannabis and Cancer by Donald I. Abrams, MD – Donald Abrams discusses historical and current uses of cannabis in cancer therapies, as well as research and observational findings.
- Food, Nutrition, Physical Activity and the Prevention of Cancer: a Global Perspective: This review uses a systematic approach to examine all the relevant evidence using predetermined criteria and assembled an international group of experts who, having brought their own knowledge to bear and having debated their disagreements, arrived at judgments as to what this evidence means.
- Integrating Cannabis into Clinical Cancer Care by Donald I. Abrams, MD – Donald Abrams summarizes the uses of cannabis for symptom management and anticancer therapy in clinical practice.
- Soy and Breast Cancer by The Tracey Birnhak Nutritional Counseling Services – This post includes information on research regarding consumption of soy foods and supplements by breast cancer survivors, including recommended serving sizes.
- The Effects of Chemotherapy on Your Body by Ann Pietrangelo and Kristeen Cherney – This brief article summarizes the side effects of chemotherapy for patients.
- The Moss Reports by Ralph Moss, PhD – The Moss Reports contain comprehensive, up-to-date information on conventional, integrative, experimental, complementary, dietary and alternative cancer treatments, detailed for the 27 most common cancer diagnoses.
- The Seven Levels of Healing®: Celebrating Life and Spirit on the Journey through Cancer by Jeremy R. Geffen, MD, FACP – Dr. Geffen describes the seven fundamental areas of inquiry and exploration universally encountered on the journey through cancer and other serious challenges—The Seven Levels of Healing®.
- Using Medical Cannabis in an Oncology Practice by Donald I. Abrams, MD – In this brief article, Donald Abrams addresses several questions for fellow oncologists: How has medical cannabis been utilized in clinical practice? Does mode of administration (inhalation vs oral consumption) matter? What are the obstacles to obtaining medical cannabis? How can oncologists educate themselves about medical cannabis?